Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Name is ***** *****. Is there a form i can use to object to

Customer Question

hi. name is ***** *****. Is there a form i can use to object to a rule 2004 examination
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: file bankrcupty. There is a pending litigation in state court. Plaintiff in that case is seeking 2004 examination
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Bankruptcy Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

A 2004 exam by a creditor is allowed under the bankruptcy rules.......so there's no way to object to it being held -- because a creditor is entitled to conduct the exam under the rules.

Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

That said, if you want to object, you can do so but there's no form.....it would just be a written objection that states the grounds you claim should be cause to relieve you from being able to appear, but again, that's a tough task since the creditor is entitled to the exam.

Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

Just about the only way to get around the exam would be to prove that the requesting party isn't actually a creditor.