Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

In TEXAS I accumulated $30000+ credit card debt beginning in

Customer Question

in TEXAS
I accumulated $30000+ credit card debt beginning in college over 10 years. I was keeping up minimum payments ok until a devastating temp ruling from a fam crt judge in 2013 that totaled my monthly cc payments for what should be child support. I was unemployed at the time. I am now part time employed, do not own a car or much of anything so should be able to stop the creditor hounding with Ch. 5, BUT my life is now complicated with my wife and I having bought our house in September 2015. I have a series of questions.... can pay minimally for accurate advice, but need to be confident that we will not get booted out of our house if I go into bankruptcy court..... So I have several questions. I already put my debit card on file for the $5, but then that part of my just answer communication disappeared as I had trouble signing in. Need someone aware of Texas bankruptcy laws and implications of community property.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I welcome you to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. The question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am on your other question that is posted. I am familiar with both, You might want to contact customer service and seek to have one question closed and get a refund or sign up for subscription of you are likely to ask more than a few questions as it may save you money.

If you have any billing issues, you can contact JustAnswer.com Award Winning Customer Service:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help or 1.***-***-****.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am going to repeat basically what I put up again today as a subscriber, since I anticipate follow up questions. I have also had another attorney briefly respond, but i had pretty well decided on you since my worries about Texas experience and the law changes in ?2005 were alleviated in your last response. I cannot find that response now. So.... I would like you to help me if you will. Here is that question again, only when I posted this AM I had your name on it as RONBESQ:in TEXAS
I accumulated $30000+ credit card debt beginning in college over 10 years. I was keeping up minimum payments ok until a devastating temp ruling from a fam crt judge in 2013 that totaled my monthly cc payments for what should be child support. I was unemployed at the time. I am now part time employed, do not own a car or much of anything so should be able to stop the creditor hounding with Ch. 7, BUT my life is now complicated with my wife and I having bought our house in September 2015. I have a series of questions.... I need to be confident that we will not get booted out of our house if I go into bankruptcy court..... Need someone aware of Texas bankruptcy laws and implications of community property.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Legal Discussion by Email. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.