Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I am in Chpt 13 BK. Submitted a loan modification to

I am in Chpt 13 BK. Submitted a loan modification to wells.fargo.today. what happens to the bk
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Nothing happens to your bankruptcy assuming that you stated your intention to modify the loan in your Chapter 13 plan . Also,you must obtain approval from the bankruptcy Court for the loan modification. While in Chapter 13, you must obtain the bankruptcy Court's approval to incur new financial obligation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We did not state that we were stating that we were. I had planned to go back to work off of state (Ca) disibility. The amount we were to pay the trustee went from 1000 to 3300 based on my returning to work. The doctor says i am now permently disabled. I only recieve now recieve 1350 from ssdi.That goes up to 2000. A month.So the modiication is crucial. My attorney said. You should tried tomwork.with the bank he never said anything about letting the trustee know.

Thank you for the information.

When you are in Chapter 13, you must let the Trustee and the Court know if you are going for loan modification.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i need a ca real estate mulortgage attorney