Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney At Law handling education matters.
10285032

My name is ***** ***** & I am trying to get information

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** & I am trying to get information about loans #s that were contained in GMAC's bankruptcy.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had a 2nd mortgage w/GMAC & ran into some financial difficulties that prevented me from making payments around the time GMAC's mortgage unit filed for bankruptcy. I had contacted GMAC several times telling them of my difficulty. Since the bankruptcy, I have never been contacted to make payments on the loan. I have contacted them multiple times in an attempt to re-establish payments, etc. & they (GMAC-Ocwen-Ditech) tell me that 'no such loan exists.' I now want to sell the property but the title is clouded w/a 2nd lien on the property that I can't seem to clear up.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Bankruptcy Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Specifically, what I am looking for is a document that lists all of the loan #s that were contained in GMACs bankruptcy filing. Is there such a thing?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid that the only place that information would exist would be in the bankruptcy court pleadings, which means you have to go through the clerk of the bankruptcy court to find out what loans they included in their bankruptcy or which loans were sold off or bought by others. If you cannot get the information and they claim the loan does not exist, then you file a Petition to Quiet Title in the court and you serve them a copy of the petition and the court will hold a hearing. If they say no loan exists and/or do not answer and prove there is still such a loan, then the court will order the lien removed and title would be cleared. These are your options for resolving your issue.