Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

Obtained a loan while at school of $20k in 2006/7 from bank

Customer Question

Anna obtained a loan while at school of $20k in 2006/7 from bank A. She paid some of it until dropping out of school and became delinquent in 2008. In 2009 bank A sold delinquent loam to bank B. Anna filed bankruptcy in 2010 and sent bk discharge to bank A not knowing it was sold to bank B.
Bank B hired collections agency AB to collect balance. AB negotiated loan down to 21.8k but is saying this is collectable despite the bk discharge.
My daughter needs to show a payment plan soon to a mortgage company who can close on a VA home loan this month.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 11 months ago.

is this an educational loan or tuition? If not, then the debt should be discharged. send the discharge to B and AB and that should do it if it is not an educational debt

Expert:  Terry L. replied 10 months ago.

do you have any questions? if not, please click accept to close the questions and rate the answer. thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi the loan was 2007 don't statute of limitations apply i looked up done blogs
http://blog.credit.com/2012/12/does-your-old-debt-have-an-expiration-date-63536/They only came after her as she was applying for mortgage. She did loan september 2007
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.