Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney At Law handling education matters.
10285032

Federal statutes to leverage bankruptcy reports from credit

Customer Question

federal statutes to leverage bankruptcy reports from credit reporting agencies
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Are you asking if there are any laws to allow you to remove bankruptcy reports from your credit reports?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, the short answer to this is no there are not. Once you file bankruptcy and it is granted it remains on your credit report for 7-10 years under the consumer reporting laws, the Fair Credit Reporting Act. The only way to remove a bankruptcy or any report from your credit report is if the report is false or erroneous. Otherwise, any correct reports must remain on your credit report and under the FCRA cannot legally be removed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That is not a list of the federal statutes that remove bankruptcy from credit reporting agencies.
Thank you for your reply.
If there were such statutes, I would have provided them. You asked for something that does not exist, so I cannot provide you something that does not exist even though you may wish for them to exist.