Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney. I have experience in business law, real estate law, bankruptcy and estates.
63724254

I went through a bankruptcy in 2012. I included my interest

Customer Question

I went through a bankruptcy in 2012. I included my interest only mortgage on my home that I live in.
I have continued to make voluntary payments, as the bank made it clear they could not attempt to collect any debt.
Now I want to leave the home because I can't afford the payments any more. Meanwhile, I am re-establishing my credit.
My question is that since the bank cannot attempt to collect on the debt,will missing some payments while I transition out, and then later am not even in the house, be reported to the credit bureaus? Can they impact my credit on this particular debt?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 11 months ago.

Yes, the bank will report the missed payment to the credit bureaus and the reporting will negatively impact your credit unless you get lucky and the bank simply forgets to report it.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I asked this a month ago and was very satisfied with the response. Today, I paid another $38 to get another question answered. By doing either of these transactions am I going to have my card hit again, like some kind of subscription?

That is an issue you need to ask customer service. However, I never received a rating to my answer. Please do so that I may be credited for my time. Thank you.