mmdesq
mmdesq, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.
30969554

I have 3 separate judgements filed against me.. the issue is

Customer Question

I have 3 separate judgements filed against me.. the issue is they were filed in the wrong county and court.. can I vacate the judgements and how
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 12 months ago.

Good Morning ,

I will try to best answer your question.

You will need to file a motion to open the judgments first. As part of your motion to open the judgment you will need to state the basis as to why you are seeking them to be opened. If the Judgments were just recently taken it is much easier to open than if tI me has elapsed. If there has been a delay since the judgments have been taken you also need to provide justification as to why the delay has occurred. Once the court rules that the judgments are reopened you can then file your motion to vacate and arguments regarding improper jurisdiction.

I hope this information is helpful and I wish you the best of luck reopening these judgments.