Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

Need to reopen chapter 7 case to avoid liens. do you have a

Customer Question

Customer: need to reopen chapter 7 case to avoid liens. do you have a sample motion for this
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, I have one debt that was discharged through bankruptcy however unbeknownst to me, the creditor filed and received a judgement of lien against my property. Also I have another lien that i was unaware of during the bankruptcy that i would also like to have removed. I'm trying to refinance my house to lower interest and this is preventing us from doing so
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Bankruptcy Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 12 months ago.

I can provide you with a template to reopen, however I cannot guarantee that it will apply to your specific facts, because there are practically an infinite number of reasons and legal rationales for reopening a case. Moreover, not every lien can be avoided.

I can send you an additional services offer, if you would like more comprehensive assistance in this matter. If not, and a generic motion to reopen will be satisfactory, I will be happy to provide more information. Please let me know your preference, if any.

Thanks for using Justanswer!