Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

I need to answer a complaint to determine non dischargeable

Customer Question

Customer: I need to answer a complaint to determine non dischargeable debt from a vendor that I signed a personal guarantee for the company I worked for who is claiming fraud
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I worked as president for a company that did construction electrical. The vendor is claiming that I defrauded them to induce them to provide materials, which is untrue.....it is for a very large amount 430k, and they know that I cannot afford an attorney, which is why I filed BK....I dont think that they believe I can defend the claim
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Bankruptcy Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure, I just need to know how to file an answer Pro se....I know this is not the best way to go and that having an attorney is best, ***** ***** simply do not have the money to hire one
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

You need to draft an answer and file it with your bankruptcy court. Your specific court may require electronic filing only. Your specific court may have a self-help center which is probably the best place for you to contact and help you with all that. I don't mind checking for you if you tell me which district your bankruptcy court is in?