mmdesq
mmdesq, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.
30969554

Can a subpoena from Federal Bankruptcy court be legally

Customer Question

Can a subpoena from Federal Bankruptcy court be legally served on a defendant in the state of Texas on a Sunday?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 11 months ago.

Good Morning,

I will try to best answer your question.

Yes a subpoena can be served any day of the week or year. There is no limitations for Sunday or holidays. If you are a trying to avoid appearing in court there may be other grounds for objecting to the subpoena. However the fact subpoena was served on Sunday will not be helpful for that result. If you wish to discuss this in more detail over a phone consultation for a nominal charge I'll be happy to do so. I will send you a phone offer in case you interested.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am a paralegal by profession. I would like to know your name and the state bar(s) for which you are a member. In order for me to get reimbursed the $17.00 I paid for your answer, I need to know this information. I intend to give you a good review as soon as I know you are an attorney.
Thanks.
Expert:  mmdesq replied 11 months ago.

All of our credit also are provided to JA in there screening process.