Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Licensed attorney in private practice.
7286322

What is the statute a claim? The loan for $10,000 was made

Customer Question

What is the statute for filing a claim? The loan for $10,000 was made on Feb. 13, 2015.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. To clarify, did this person file a bankruptcy? I ask because you ask this question in the Bankruptcy Law category.

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, he did not file bankruptcy. He was fired from his job in December 2014. I helped him through until he was rehired in March 2015.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, that is an error. I did not notice there were categories for the questions.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, kindly.

This would be a verbal breach of contract. The statute of limitations for verbal breach of contract in Virginia is three years under Va. Code § 8.01-246(4). As such, this is well within statute of limitations to pursue.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.