Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

What is a motion subpoena and declaration from a collection

Customer Question

What is a motion for judicial subpoena and declaration from a collection agency.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Is there any way you can upload the document you are asking about?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot upload it but I received a Legal Notice of "Motion for Judicial Subpoena and Declaration" from a Collection Agency on behalf of a creditor, asking for employment information, on the second page the document states "Notice of Presentment, Judicial Subpoena", I received by standard mail, not certified or personal service.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I need to appear in court for this information, states only need to appear if there are objections.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. It is hard for me to answer this without seeing the actual document, I am afraid. I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other experts.

Your JustAnswer Account has not been charged for this conversation and your question is back in the queue. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should an expert pick it up, you should be alerted via email and/or SMS (text message) unless you actively disable these features.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this will "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other experts' access to it.

My apologies for any inconvenience and good luck...

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

This is a different expert.....

What is the reason that you are not able to upload the document?