Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I had a tenant, who did not pay rent. I have a judgement

Customer Question

I had a tenant, who did not pay rent. I have a judgement against them. They filed chapter 13 bankruptcy and now the lawyers are stating 11 usc sec 506 and 522...do I need to do anything? As a creditor, do I file a claim? I asked our collection agency to take their name off of the list. Do I call the courts?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Yes, you should file a proof of claim for the money you're owed under the judgment as it can be paid back under the chapter 13 repayment plan.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

You can find a proof of claim form here: http://www.uscourts.gov/forms/bankruptcy-forms/proof-claim

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Once the form is filled out, you would have to file it with the bankruptcy court.