Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney. I have experience in business law, real estate law, bankruptcy and estates.
63724254

I am living in a home that I declared bankruptcy on a couple

Customer Question

I am living in a home that I declared bankruptcy on a couple of years ago. I never reaffirmed the debt and now the bankruptcy firm that I used is out of business. I am currently 4 months behind on my mortgage payments and they are threatening foreclosure. What are my options now? Should I catch up on this loan and continue to pay for this home, or would it be better to stop paying and get a new loan or rent? Would I be able to get a new loan? They keep telling me that they're not reporting to any credit agencies but I just don't know what's the best choice to make and I don't really understand all of my options. Who should I go to to find out what to do? The bank? I have a good job and am able to pay. Thanks for any help.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

You should seek alternative financing from Wells Fargo, Chase or a local credit union to see if you can get a lower interest rate to lower monthly payments. if not, ad you desire to keep your home, you should catch up on the payments and continue to make on-time payments on your mortgage.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for you cooperation. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it didn't help. I hate this house and I want to move but I guess I'm stuck here forever.

Why did my answer not help? My answer appears to be the best alternative solution. For tat reason, please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for you cooperation. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do i get out of this house? ?