Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

My Ex Wife had purchased a vehicle through GMAC, and used my

Customer Question

My Ex Wife had purchased a vehicle through GMAC, and used my power of attorney while I was deployed. The vehicle was awarded to her in a later divorce, she then filed chapter 7 bancruptsy. I am attempting to refinance my house and this bill is coming up on my credit. I called GMAC and they say I am responsible to pay 6,000. IS their any fact to their claim??
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

This depends...you mention ex. What does the divorce decree say about this? That is, if you divorced the court was required to divide the assets and debts of the marriage. What did the court do with this debt?