Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

I am the debtor in a chapter 7 bankruptcy can i request to

Customer Question

I am the debtor in a chapter 7 bankruptcy can i request to take a deposition of one of the creditors who was using pieces of the estate to buy claims from other creditors and can i ask to see all of the emails , texts and voicemails between this creditor
and the trustee? How would I make this into a motion?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning,

You can file what is called a 2004 examination and/or issue a subpoena requesting the documentation you seek. In 2004 examination is the equivalent of a deposition in civil litigation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much notice does the trustee have to give someone before ordering an appearance for a 2004. Doesn't he have to give two weeks notice?
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Usually it is 30 days