Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney. I have experience in business law, real estate law, bankruptcy and estates.
63724254

Regarding chapter 13 My husband and I filed 3 years ago. At

Customer Question

regarding chapter 13
My husband and I filed 3 years ago. At the time we were to surrender our Motor home. This never happened as my lawyer said that if we continue to make the payments no one would know and we could then keep the motor home. Well we are getting close to the end of our time and we are both getting nervous that this will be found out and have our case dismissed. My lawyer will not return emails or phone calls so I'm at a lose on what actions I should take. I should also mention that this RV is tied to our home as a 2nd mortgage. What does that do when we do at some point sell our home?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

I would call this lawyer and explain that you will report him to the Washington State Bar and perhaps sue him for malpractice if he fails to return your calls or respond to your email as this is your attorney and you are relying on his legal advice. I have no idea as to why he advised you to maintain the mobile home but he would be the best one to know why and his legal advice is required at this point. Contact the lawyer as many times as necessary to get an answer.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.