TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

My husband & I took out Reverse mtg on our home in 2010, He

Customer Question

My husband & I took out Reverse mtg on our home in 2010, He passed in 2011 from ALS,I have very little left of reverse funds, I am going to start Bankrupsy proceedings pretty soon, I am so worried about Champion Mortgage and what happens at the end of my life. Crooked company that Bank of America sold my mtg to. Wondering how BK is going to effect Mtg on my house with them?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

Once you file for bankruptcy, you probably will stop receiving any payments that may be due, at least until and unless you reaffirm the debt. Otherwise, the bankruptcy will probably not have much impact on your house. You can continue living there just as before. The lender must still honor the contract that you signed in 2010.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, please remember to provide positive feedback. Thanks!