Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
16823287

I am filing chapter 7. Yesterday a decision was rendered

Customer Question

I am filing chapter 7. Yesterday a decision was rendered that my motion for exempt funds was denied because of a missed hearing date. Will my emergency filing prevent my creditor from getting the funds that were removed from my account?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

If the funds were already removed before you file the BK, then the automatic stay imposed by a Bk filing will not apply to those funds since the BK filing took place after the funds were removed. The BK filing will help protect you from future executions or garnishments.

If this answers your question, please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time.

If you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place.

You may request me in the future on new and unrelated questions by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR MAVERICK".

Thank you for using Just Answer.