Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I am recently divorced and obtained credit card with my ex

Customer Question

I am recently divorced and obtained credit card with my ex while married and then after divorce. I used the cards and paid the charges when the bill was due. I live in a tristate area and he is claiming that I committed fraud and is filing charges against me. Because the cards were used in different states he claims this becomes a federal case. Is there any truth to this and what actions do I need to take to protect myself?
On a side note he is trying to file chapter 7 for a lawsuit that was filed against him because of his non payment of unsecured debt. I live in NV, he in AZ
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Did your ex know that you obtained this card while married; and was your husband on the card as an owner?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No longer need ur services
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

I'll be glad to request that the question be closed. If you need anything further, please let me know. Thanks.