TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I file bankruptcy but later I dicided not to continue with

Customer Question

I file bankruptcy but later I dicided not to continue with this petition and later on was dismiss , how long will this be on my credit records?
What can I do in order to get this removed, .?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

Unfortunately, it will be on your credit for about 7 years. The fact that you dismissed the case does not mean the credit bureaus cannot report the bankruptcy filing. I'm sorry to say that it still counts as a bankruptcy filing, so the credit bureaus may lawfully report it.

I am truly sorry that my answer may be bad news for you, but please understand that it would be unfair to you (and unprofessional of me) to provide you with anything less than an honest response. However, if your concerns were not satisfactorily addressed, then please let me know, and I will be happy to clarify my answer.