Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 years practicing law. Landlord 26 years
19958803

Can i include house payment credit cards and my car?

Customer Question

can i include house payment credit cards and my car?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Yes, you can include any mortgage, credit card debt and vehicle debt in a bankruptcy filing. This would eventually result in the lenders foreclosing on and selling the house and vehicle as secured creditors to apply to the debts. But you wouldn't be personally responsible for the debts any longer.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been to a lawyer Friday and he set payments up for 656.00 a month for 60 months which included 11,000 on a car I tuned in which they had auctioned and this was the remaining balance I owe11 000 on the one I am driving now The car dealer financed it for 4.6 years credit cards totaling 8000 my attorney changed the car to be payed off in 2 years that seems like a high payment for30,000for 60 months
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Ok, if you are asking if you can getting ready to file your bankruptcy case can you put the car debt in it and the credit cards, then yes, you can just have your attorney change the filing to reflect that you are including those additional debts.

.

But you should have a list of creditors that will show what debts are being included in the BK filing and what the amounts are.

.

thanks