Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Licensed attorney in private practice.
7286322

I want to file a claim against a bank liability( in my

Customer Question

I want to file a claim against a bank for lender liability( in my business). The bank has tried foreclosure on my home three times.( they have a lien on my home for a business loan) Each time I have to file for bankruptcy to save my home. Can a lawsuit against the bank prevent any future foreclosures until the case is heard and settled? I have damage claims larger than the equity in my home.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) please wait to rate until I ask you to do so. It may take a few replies for me to be able to render an complete answer. I will let you know when I do.

I am sorry to hear about this. Do you mean that every time they filed for foreclosure, you filed for a bankruptcy?

Or, they filed for a foreclosure three times while you had a bankruptcy case pending?

If you could give me a timeline of events, that would be very helpful.

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.