Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney. I have experience in business law, real estate law, bankruptcy and estates.
63724254

I had a judgement against me in April. I researched the

Customer Question

I had a judgement against me in April. I researched the opposing attorneys license and found out he doesn't have an oath. My friends say to reopen the case and pursue a lawsuit against the attorney and revers the judgment. These are the laws of which I
could sue the attorney under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 U.S.C., Sec. 1601, 1692 et seq, 18 U.S.C. Section 1621 (felony), 15 U.S.C. & 1681a (q)(3&4) (Identity theft) etc. With this I have three years max to file a complaint but the important
question is can I revers the judgment against me? Thanks Bill
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

You could file a motion to set aside the judgment and the court will have discretion to set it aside. Based upon your circumstance, you have a a strong argument to set the judgment aside. Also a suit against the fake attorney could entitle you to statutory damages as well. I cannot guarantee the judgment will be reversed but you have a strong argument to persuade the court that reversal is warranted.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.