TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I filed Bankruptcy 1n 2009 and was discharged in 2012. under

Customer Question

I filed Bankruptcy 1n 2009 and was discharged in 2012. under the terms of my settlement I agreed to pay the bank a unsecured portion of the mortgage which was under water, The bank sold the mortgage and the new institution wants to be paid the origional amount of the mortgage note plus interest. I am still paying the old bank thru the trustee the unsecured portion. The house is now above water Help
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions. You will certainly want to analyze your settlement agreement to see exactly what it states. If if states that you will only pay a certain amount, and the original bank agreed, then the new bank is bound to that agreement as well. Did you inform the new bank of the settlement?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
T.J, MY DAUGHTER JUST HAD TWINS AND I WAS TRAVELING TO SEE HER, IS THERE A CONVENIENT TIME FOR US TO TALK ANY TIME TUESDAY. I NEED TO GIVE YOU A LITTLE MORE BACKGROUND THANKS BILL (###) ###-####
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again. Congrats on the grandkids! Just write back here whenever it's convenient on Tuesday. I will eventually see it and can respond.