Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

Is this Ely? Who posted a previous answer pertaining to www.banruptreport.com. I read your

Customer Question

Is this Ely? Who posted a previous answer pertaining to www.banruptreport.com. I read your answer and disagree. Bankrupt Report states they are not a consumer reporting agency and instead purchased the respective information from "Innovative Data Search." Which I believe is an affiliate of Bankrupt Report (Common Ownership & Control).
Under section 15 U.S. Code § 1681a(f)of the Fair Credit Report Act it states: The term “consumer reporting agency” means any person which, for monetary fees, dues, or on a cooperative nonprofit basis, regularly engages in whole or in part in the practice of assembling or evaluating consumer credit information or other information on consumers for the purpose of furnishing consumer reports to third parties, and which uses any means or facility of interstate commerce for the purpose of preparing or furnishing consumer reports.
Thereby, I believe they are in violation of the FCRA. Please advise
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for requesting me. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
Before we proceed, please tell me:
1) WHAT QUESTION THREAD are you referencing? Please provide the link to it so I know which question you mean. Thanks!
2) Are you a debtor? A creditor? What is the situation and what do you wish to accomplish here?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.