Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

Back in Nov 2013 I filed Read more:

Customer Question

Back in Nov 2013 I filed for Chapter 13 bankruptcy and although notified officially by the courts my XXX never filed a claim (we have two XXX's). During my bankruptcy. I received numerous DEMAND letters from the XXX and was turned over to an attorney's office. I emailed my bankruptcy attorney all of this information and based on what he told them, they violated an automatic stay. The XXX attorney agreed to file a claim but after three months and another reminder by my attorney, no claim was filed. In November 2014, my bankruptcy was dismissed due to a job loss and at that time, no claim from filed by the XXX (after a year).
Recently I was trying to get a balance and when I talked to the XXX, they said my accounts were still with the attorney. Meanwhile there are certified postage fees, demand letter fees and attorney fees added to my XXX account. I finally got them to remove the demand and certified postage fees since this occurred during the bankruptcy. My question is that since no claim was filed and obviously they were not monitoring my account, do I have to pay the legal fees of over $500 and this is just for the one account? The way I see it, I am being penalized two ways, because they did not do their job and file a claim plus late fees and interest because no payments were posted to my account. My bankruptcy attorney said they can file for legal fees but why if they didn't do anything?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please keep this question confidential.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can someone give me the status of my question - it has been almost 24 hours.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer! My name is Maverick. I very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.
Please read the disclaimer below and let us know if you still want to proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been using Just Answer for years and I have read the disclaimer. Yes i would like my question answered.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nevermind I am canceling the question.