Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

After a 341 meeting in chapter 7, in South carolina, is there

Customer Question

after a 341 meeting in chapter 7, in South carolina, is there any way to withdraw the filing of chapter 7. or if not, how hard is it to convert to chapter 13
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm glad to assist. If you file Chapter 7, there is no automatic right to voluntary dismissal it. Generally, you can only dismiss your Chapter 7 bankruptcy if you have a good cause OR if the trustee and your creditors do not object.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
USUALLY, this can be done but you would have to file a motion with the court, notice the trustee and all creditors so they would have an opportunity to object.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
If there is no objection, the court will grant the dismissal. Converting to a chapter 13 is not very difficult SO LONG AS you can prove you have the cashflow to sustain a plan.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
But, if you want to try to keep your property, it is probably better to convert to a 13.