Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
16823287

My bankruptcy was dismissed and there is a ebror refund-fra

Customer Question

my bankruptcy was dismissed and there is a ebror refund-fra what does that mean
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer! My name is Maverick. I very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.
Where do you see this "ebror refund-fra" notation? Do you have a link I can look at or can you upload the document here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
06/01/2015 0 649623 N/A DEBTOR REFUND-FRA -$3000.00
06/01/2015 1 647726 DOVENMUEHLE MORTGAGE AMOUNTS DISBURSED TO CREDITOR -$1065.55
06/01/2015 2 648989 SELECT PORTFOLIO SERVICING AMOUNTS DISBURSED TO CREDITOR -$480.06
06/01/2015 11 649162 SWINDELL & ASSOCIATES PC AMOUNTS DISBURSED TO CREDITOR -$254.84
04/16/2015 N/A EPAY RECEIPT (20554220)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you see what I am talking about
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
The FRA notation is a reference to the "Federal Records Archives". The best I can tell, this appears to be a notation about your tax refund and whether the bankruptcy estate has a right to use the refund to pay creditors. A tax refund based on income you earned before you file for bankruptcy goes to the estate. You can keep part of the refund to the extent that the refund is based on income earned after the filing date.
Does this appear to make sense in the context of what you know about the $3,000?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, how long does it take to get a refund
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
Did you receive any paper work that says that some or all of your tax refund is being used by the estate to pay the creditor? What does the $3,000 represent to you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was behind in my bankruptcy payments. I was suppose to come up with $6,000.00. I could only come up with $3,000.00.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Therefore, my case was dismissed. A payment was made to the creditors on 6/1 and the the $3,000.00 showed up as a refund. I have not received a refund so I don't know what is going on.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
Unless the plan was confirmed, any undistributed funds should be refunded to you. When and how those funds would be refunded to you varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. You should contact the Ch. 13 Trustee's office to determine what will be done in your case.
Please remember to assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time. You are free to ask follow-up questions thereafter at no charge. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.
If, for some reason, you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place and still earn a positive rating from you. If you would rather obtain a refund of your deposit, just let me know and I will inform JA on your behalf. Finally, you may request me in the future by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR MAVERICK".
Thank you for using Just Answer.