Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney. I have experience in business law, real estate law, bankruptcy and estates.
63724254

I was in the process of buying my home and the title company

Customer Question

I was in the process of buying my home and the title company did a search and said I have judgments filed against me. I contacted these creditors several years ago and disputed the accounts and they did not respond to the letters sent by Experian. Experian removed the judgments filed against me from my credit report. However, the judgments are still not removed from the county records. What is the process for removing the judgments from the county records?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.
You have to file a motion with the court to vacate the judgment. Here is the procedure to file a motion to vacate the Judgment in California: http://www.courts.ca.gov/12726.htm I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long is the process to file the motion?
Approximately 30 days.Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This case is with the civil court. Is the process the same with civil court?
Yes.
Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. Thank youPlease rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same forms as well?
No. Attached is a template motion for you to modify for use in civil court. Please rate my answer. Thank you.
Please rate my answer.Please rate my answer.
Please rate my answer. Otherwise I will receive no credit for my time and efforts. Thank you for your cooperation.
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER.
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER.