Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I'm a %100 disable veteran, in 2013 I went throe a bankruptcy,

Customer Question

I'm a %100 disable veteran, in 2013 I went throe a bankruptcy, my attorney and me agree I was going to keep my home, and a truck I had. April of this year My credit was getter better I had an opportunity to refinance my home, the lender told me that my property wasn't showing up on your credit. I called b of a told me your up on your payments but it seems it went to the bankruptcy in 2013 called that attorney he told me the bank didn't send him the reaffirmation paper, called b of a back, they tell me they were never asked. HELP THIS IS IN CAL.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
If the reaffirmation agreement wasn't filed, the only thing you could do is re-open the case and then try to file the re-affirmation agreement.
That's really the boy option -- if you don't try to do this, any payments you make will not appear on your credit report. This, you should see your lawyer about re-opening the case and then getting the re-affirmation done.