socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)
10097515

Customer Clarification: the eight who have not filed in

Customer Question

Customer Clarification: the eight who have not filed in small claims are NOT listed as creditors in the chapter 7 case. Are you advising that these eight file 523(c)(1) in the Chapter 7 case?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.
Even if the creditors are not listed by the debtor, each creditor should file a proof of claim and thereby become a creditor. Then, each must file an adversary proceeding to prove that the debtor committed a fraud on to create the debt.Hope this helps. I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.Thanks again for using justanswer.com!
I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.
Thanks again for using justanswer.com!