socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)
10097515

Customer We are now out of our Ch 13 and that 2nd mortgage

Customer Question

Customer We are now out of our Ch 13 and that 2nd mortgage is lingering and we are worried they are going to come after us for it. They are aware we are not protected by 13 anymore. The balance on the loan is 70,000 and now, our first mtg is NOT underwater with the economy the way it is but we certainly don't have 70,000 in equity. We might have 40,000? What do we do or should we just sit and wait? Is there a statue of limitations when they can't come after us and have to release the lien
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/bankruptcy-law/846d9-mortgages-house-back-2009-filed-bankruptcy.html?al=1&utm_source=sys&utm_medium=email&utm_content=viewr_bu&utm_campaign=answer_notify_sub_a&r=ems%7C2015-04-28%7C833%7Cln=viewr_bu#ixzz3YehpvVIe
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, Please refresh my recollection. Was your 2nd mortgage "provided for" in your Ch. 13 plan?
Hello again, Please refresh my recollection. Was your 2nd mortgage "provided for" in your Ch. 13 plan? If you don't know for certain, then I can review the plan as filed with the bankruptcy court. But I will have to send you an additional services offer to do this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We had an extensive conversation a while back and you asked me to send a new message toCustomerand now your asking me questions. It's ok. I'm out. Too much to go thru again.

I answer several dozen questions each week. There is no way for me to keep track of everyone's issue. I thought my question was pretty simple, but, as the old saying goes: "the customer is always right." Anyway, if you change your mind, I'll be around. Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The arrears was in the 13 and we were to continue with payments and didn't. (couldn't)

Okay, thanks. I need to review your Ch. 13 case file. Otherwise, I'm just guessing about this answer. I will send you an additional services offer.
I look forward to providing further assistance.