Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

We just got a letter stating that our Motion to reinstate our

We just got a letter stating that our Motion to reinstate our Chapter 13 was denied. The law firm has totally messed up everything after I got laid off and we asked for a 3 month reduction. Whole staff and lawyer handling our case is now gone from the firm. We were told there was one more thing they could do. Something like "pray to the court"? But then today we get a form letter stating we could refile in 6 months from the date of dismissal. Please help we are in a panic.

Roger : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
Roger : If your case was dismissed, then there's no period of time you must wait before filing again - - but you'd have to start all over.
Roger : If the court has denied the motion to reinstate, the next option would be to file a motion to reconsider, but if there's no new evidence or proof to support the request, it's not likely to occur.