dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law

I have filed, pro se, a chapter 13 in the Western District

I have filed, pro se, a chapter 13 in the Western District of Arkansas. I know that my primary residence was table funded, and need the evidence to prove it. My title company has that evidence, in the form of the wiring instructions and the payoff instructions from the closing of the "loan." I have repeatedly requested these documents from the title company but they are unresponsive.
Are subpoenas allowed in BKs? I have the form from the Western District of Arkansas' website; can I use this? Or is there a different one to use?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  dylatess replied 2 years ago.
Over 35 years, I have assisted my clients with debt problems having filed more than 32000 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petitions.

Subpoenas are used in BK proceedings. Likewise, the BK court has there own specific forms. Accordingly, if you can visit the court where the BK was filed, you can obtain the form. You may also be able to access the BK court's web site though these forms are not as common and may not be available. Finally, though I am aware that you are representing yourself, many, many BK attorneys will take your case and build their fee into the plan. Therefore you do not have to pay any upfront attorney fees. So this is something you may want to consider. I wish you well.
Please rate my answer ok or better so that I am paid for helping you.