Elizabeth Prentice
Elizabeth Prentice, Attorney
Experience:  Managing Attorney for one of the largest consumer bankruptcy firms in America.

I am pro se filing a chapter 13 bk. I am married but filing

I am pro se filing a chapter 13 bk. I am married but filing without my spouse. On schedule F, for those debts that are in both our names, is the designation in the column "Husband, Wife, Joint, Community", "J" or "W"? On those same debts that my spouse is liable on, is my spouse a "Codebtor," who has to be listed on Schedule H?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Elizabeth Prentice replied 2 years ago.
I am a bankruptcy attorney and I would be happy to assist you. If the debt is in your both your names, you may list it as joint. Arkansas is not a community property state. Therefore, "J" or "Joint" is the correct notation. To answer your second question, yes, your spouse and her address must be listed as a co-debtor on Schedule H, if her name is XXXXX XXXXX same debts.

I hope my answer has assisted you and that you will leave me a positive rating! If you have further questions, feel free to ask for me by name and I would be happy to assist you!