Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

hi, i am filling for chapter 7 on my own. i want to make

hi,

i am filling for chapter 7 on my own. i want to make sure i included all creditor that i owe money too but my credit report pull's only last 7 years and i am wondering how can i get credit history older then 7 years?

Terry L. :

Hi, thanks for your question. You should hire a lawyer for specific legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created here.

Terry L. :

Generally you don't need to list anything older than that, although you can. items stay on your credit report for 7 years since the last activity. So, if they aren't on your report, they've likely charged off.

Terry L. :

They are also likely to be passed the statute of limitations, and the creditor is most likely unable to collect, with a few exceptions.

Terry L. :

If you know what the debt is, you can still list it down.

Terry L. :

You should be ok if you have listed everything from the report and everything you rememeber.

Terry L. :

You may be able to contact the credit bureau directly, to see if you can order an older report, I don't know how back they make those records available though.

Terry L. :

You are being thorough, which is great!

Terry L. :

Let me know if you have any questions

Terry L. :

THakns

Terry L. :

Thanks

Terry L. :

Terry