socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)

hi and thank you in advance. how can i file for bankruptcy

hi and thank you in advance.

how can i file for bankruptcy on my own? what forms i need to get? what are filling fee i need to pay?

Chapter 7 or 13?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

not sure which one will fit me, but i am clearing all my debt i owed no property involved can not pay anything i owe.

That would be Chapter 7. It's called a "no asset bankruptcy." The cases usually close within four months, and they are usually very easy to "do it yourself."

The filing fee for a Chapter 7 is $306. You must also take a credit counseling class. There is an internet course that will cost you only $5 (click here). You can file for a waiver of the filing fees (click here).

I could show you all the forms on-line, but to be frank, it's a mistake to try to do-it-yourself without investing a small amount for a book to walk you through the process. The most well-known book is this one. You can probably visit a local Barnes and Nobles, take one and sit at the coffee bar and just fill out the forms while you're sitting there. Or, you can buy the book and take it home.

That's really the whole can of worms.

Please let me know if my answer is helpful, or if I can provide further clarification or assistance.

And, thanks for using!