dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law

The IRS is petitioning for a total amount that does not take into cons

The IRS is petitioning for a total amount that does not take into consideration the payments they have received for the last 3 years during the 13. This will cause our BK payment to increase by $1200 a month.

Over 35 years, I have assisted my clients with debt problems having filed more than 32000 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petitions.

This often occurs with both the state and federal government as there are many departments involved when a debtor lists the government in a BK. Likewise, one department is aware of your credits though the department that completes the petition to submit for payment is not. Accordingly, do not worry as there is a solution. And if your attorney is aware of the procedures, as it sounds like he is, he will know to file to dispute the claim of the IRS. This will cause the court to set the dispute for a hearing. At the hearing, you will provide documentation form the chapter 13 trustee that a portion of your payments went to pay the IRS. And the court will then adjust the claim of the IRS which will in turn reduce your monthly payment. So it should all work out.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer ok or better so that I can get paid for helping you.