Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

If a debtor files a bankruptcy, and the bankruptcy is later

If a debtor files a bankruptcy, and the bankruptcy is later dismissed (because the debtor failed to complete the post filing management course,for example), does the bankruptcy filing still show up on the debtor's credit report, even though there was a dismissal?

Roger :

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.

Roger :

Unfortunately, yes the bankruptcy will still appear on your credit report for 7 years even if it is dismissed.

Roger :

However, you can contact each credit reporting agency and have a notation made to indicate that the case was dismissed and not discharged.

Roger :

I'm going to step away, but if you need anything further, please let me know. Thanks!