Elizabeth Prentice
Elizabeth Prentice, Attorney
Experience:  Managing Attorney for one of the largest consumer bankruptcy firms in America.

How can I break clean from several business suits to avoid

How can I break clean from several business suits to avoid potential judgments? There are no judgments at this time. I have personal assets that I wish to keep free and clear of the suits. I have no debt so is bankruptcy a way to go? If not, what is the best way to save what I have?
I am a bankruptcy attorney and I would be happy to assist you. It sounds like bankruptcy would be a good option for you, so I would recommend that you consult with a local bankruptcy attorney in your area. In bankruptcy, state law will protect an array of your personal assets in bankruptcy. Your local attorney can tell you specifics on which assets are protected in your state. With regards XXXXX XXXXX suits, the moment you file bankruptcy it will stop those. Any debt that they allege you owe (and any of their alleged attorney fees) can be included in bankruptcy. Even if they got a judgment (but don't wait for that to happen!) can be discharged. There is one exception - fraud. you should check and make sure that the Plaintiff has not alleged fraud in your cases, since debts relating to fraud are not dischargeable in bankruptcy. Otherwise, if they were contractual debts, you should not have any problem discharging them. I recommend you consider filing as soon as possible so you can stop the lawsuits.

I hope my answer has assisted you and that you will leave me a positive rating!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. I will consult with a local attorney.