Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My husband I are in our 56st month of a chapter 13 and our

Customer Question

My husband I are in our 56st month of a chapter 13 and our attorney has just up and walked away without a trace after we filed. My husband had a wreck and totaled his truck, the balance went to the trustee of 12,500.00. It has been sitting there for over a year and it also shows if I want to do a case payout I have over paid by 7000.00. So my question is what is going to happen to that money and/or can I get out early?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Roger replied 3 years ago.

Roger :

Hi - my name is Roger and I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.

Customer :

Are you able to answer my question?

Roger :

The money paid to the trustee should be paid over to unsecured creditors.

Customer :

When will she do that since its been on my account for more than a year

Roger :

It should be done before the case is closed and the discharge is received.

Customer :

how long does it take to discharge after my 60 months then and am I able to pay to get out or does it take me to 100%

Roger :

Once your plan is completed, the discharge should be granted within a few months.

Roger :

It just depends on how quickly the trustee can get the final accounting and disbursements.

Roger :

Sorry, but I lost my connection temporarily. Please let me know if you need anything further.