Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I was divorced, both my ex and my names are XXXXX XXXXX mortgage.

I was divorced, both my ex and my names are XXXXX XXXXX mortgage. The mortgage is in foreclosure, can I file for chapter13 bankruptcy without her to save the house?
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

Response: Yes, you can. You can file for Chapter 13 without her. However, you have to list her as co-debtor on your bankruptcy schedules.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do i need her to sign anything?

do i need her to sign anything?

Response
: No. The bankruptcy is going to be filed under your Social Security Number only. There is nothing for her to sign. Only her name should be listed on Schedule H of the Bankruptcy Schedule as a co-debtor.