socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)
10097515

for socrateaser only I registered for edocket.

for socrateaser only I registered for edocket. I only found 3 cases 2 with 1997 index numbers and 1 with 2004 index number. I search myself as defendant. Bank with 5 accounts was not listed which we discussed under separate cover. where judgment was 19 years ago. In one edocket 1997 index number my late wife was listed as a defendant but she was deceased for the ten prior years A collection lawyer is leaving messages on my voice mail for unspecified debt. I google the lawyer and the firm was criticized for unethical conduct. I know about the 3 edocket cases. But the absence of the large money one of 19 years is absent. Any idea?

Some  detail  to  make  sense  out  of  wdocket  below

The  2004 case  involved  a  parent  company  that  went  into  bankruptcy  and  one credit  card  account  was  sold  to  a  debt  buyer  and   with  the  other  account  the  statute  of  limitations  expired.

One  1997  case  was  a  department  store.  I  do  not  think  renewal  rook  place

The  1997  account  with  my  late  wife  is  a  possibility  why  the  lawyer  is  phoning.  But  I  believe  that  I  need  proof  of  renewal.  A  telephone  conversation  with  a  clever  collection  agent  can  get  out  of  hand.  I  think  a  letter  is  better.

I have let Socrateaser know that your question is waiting. If I can be of further assistance let me know.

A: You'll have to visit the courthouse to be certain. You can contact eDocket customer service and tell them that there is a case that should be present and it's not. They may be able to explain why it's missing -- or, they may be able to find the case and add it to the system.

The 1997 account with my late wife is a possibility why the lawyer is phoning. But I believe that I need proof of renewal. A telephone conversation with a clever collection agent can get out of hand. I think a letter is better.

A: The FDCPA requires written communication to force the debt collector to validate the debt. 15 U.S.C. 1692g(a)(5).

Hope this helps.
socrateaser, Attorney
Experience: Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)