socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)
10097515

for socrateaser only This is a Just Answer protocol.

for socrateaser only

This is a Just Answer protocol. I may get correspondence. If I redact proper names and other identifying information may I upload for read? It should only be 1 page
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 11 months ago.
Of course you may. Upload to www.mediafire.com and provide a link to the file.

Hope this helps.
socrateaser, Attorney
Experience: Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Is there an easier way than to do an apartment search for index numbers involving a creditor? I want to go to my local NYS Civil Court and to check if any 10 year renewal took place. I google the lawyer who is phoning me and they have a reputation of getting judgment without notifying the defendant. Please do not mention names here, We both know who they are.

I'm sorry, but I'm not understanding the question. I don't know what an apartment has to do with a court docket report. Please clarify the question. Thanks!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I believe that this creditor bank sued me separately for each of the five accounts in 1994. I do not know if they sold them to debt buyers or still own them. I want to check to determine if there was any renewal on these debts. A summons does not always have the index numbers. I am not sure of the marshals income executions. I used to work for a very large organization that kept records and permitted consecutive garnishment. My mind is hazy about the 20th century but there was definitely no contact since year 2000.

What is the best way to check for debt renewal?

I don't have a good suggestion, other than to give the clerk your full name, start in 1994, and look at everything that comes up.

I wish there were a better alternative -- but there isn't. However, if a creditor or debt collector contacts you, demand that they validate the debt, pursuant to the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), and show you the judgment and any renewal. If they don't, or can't, then it's probably because it doesn't exist.

Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Does NYS Civil Court keep this database on a LAN now?

Is the monitor available to a court guest or do I pay a fee to print out?

For NY County, Supreme Court, yes. Otherwise, you would need a subscription to a research tool, such as eDockets.

Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Instead of telephone should I send them a typed letter requesting the information that you advised me with just the last 4 digits of my social security number and their photocopying fee prior to their mailing the information? Or am I entitled to this free? To the lawyer and not the court.

I never gave you the advice to which you refer -- so, have no idea what you're talking about -- it doesn't seem like a process that has any basis in law -- at least not to my knowledge.

Note: I'll be happy to keep discussing the issues with you in this Q&A session. But, I would appreciate an occasional additional positive rating, so that I can receive appropriate compensation.

Hope this helps.
socrateaser, Attorney
Customer: replied 11 months ago.