Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I filed chapter 7 bk in 2006 discharged the same year. When

I filed chapter 7 bk in 2006 discharged the same year. When am I eligible to file another chapter 7?

Kirk Adams : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
Kirk Adams : Here's an outline of the time requirement between bankruptcies in order to get a discharge:
Kirk Adams : 8 years between 7s. -727(a)(8)2 years between 13s. -1328(f)(2)4 years between a 7 and 13 -1328(f)(1)6 years between a 13 and 7(if under 70% plan). -727(a)(9)
Customer:

is that year to year or the exact date? meaning if it was discharged in October 2006, can i file in January 2014? Or do i have to wait until October 2014?

Kirk Adams : The time runs from filing date to the next filing date - - not from discharge date to the new filing date.
Customer:

so to confirm the filing was in April 2006, so i can file April 2014? Or still January 2014 (because the total years is 8 at that point)

Kirk Adams : You'd have to wait until April 2014 to file.
Customer:

great, thanks for a very clear answer! Have a good night.

Sure. Thanks for allowing me to assist! If you need anything further, you can look me up here: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-kirkadams/