Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

can anyone find out if I filed bankruptcy 25 years ago?

*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

It would not be easy or simple to uncover a bankruptcy filed 25 years ago. That said it is possible. It typically would require a manual file search of the archives. A credit report would not indicate the bankruptcy

I think this is what you wanted to know. Please let me know if I have answered your question or whether you would like further information...but please do not shoot the messenger.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I lived in Texas when I filed. now I live in Missouri for 10 years.

The change of address may make it more difficult. Practically speaking, a person would typically need to know that you filed and where you filed in order to find a 25-year-old bankruptcy