Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

we have a vehicle that was discharged in our BK. We have been

we have a vehicle that was discharged in our BK. We have been doing voluntary payments as no reaffirmation agreement was filed. We can no longer make payments. If we surrender the vehicle will they then report it to our credit bureaus? How long would it take to show up? The debt is not being reported on our credit right now but we are wondering if we surrender it if they will report again.

Kirk Adams : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
Kirk Adams : The debt has been discharged through the bankruptcy, so you have no obligation to pay the debt, and the voluntary payments don't obligate you or revive the debt.
Kirk Adams : Thus, there should be no reporting on your credit since you no longer legally owe the money anyway.
Kirk Adams : So, you should no see anything appear on your credit if you do this.
Kirk Adams : Thanks for your question, and if you need anything further, please let me know.

thank you