Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.

In a Chapter 7 bankruptcy in the Statement of Financial Affairs

In a Chapter 7 bankruptcy in the Statement of Financial Affairs section 4a asks for lawsuits to which the debtor was a party to within a year of the filing. What about traffic citations? If someone has 5 speeding/traffic tickets and they were sued by the state in Justice court do these need to be included in the SOFA?
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Yes the court actions for the speeding/traffic tickets are required to be disclosed in the statement of affairs. All court proceedings that have taken place within the prior year must be disclosed

I would be glad to continue our conversation and respond to any follow-up questions that you may have.